Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Transformation Tuesday- I Already Know What Giving Up Feels Like. I Want to See What Happens if I Don't


Kate has an inspiring story of learning that there are no shortcuts to success. By loving herself enough to fuel her body with proper nutrition and incorporate fitness, she was able to change the negative self body image she had struggled with for years.
"Even though I was super healthy and athletic growing up, I had NO self-esteem. I was super short (I'm only 5' 0") and weighed 98lbs soaking wet. I was bullied and teased for being skinny and not have a "womanly figure". I kept a list of all of the various plastic surgery work I was going to have done so I could "be pretty".
With my first pregnancy, I went from 110 lbs to 180 lbs. I gained 50 lbs in the last month because I was retaining water like crazy. I got stretch marks everywhere. (I have them all the way down my legs, past my knees.) Due to complications with the delivery, recover took six months and I never got all the weight off.
Two more children and 11 years later, my husband had a serious health scare. We had to make some changes and they had to work. We had tried all kinds of diets, pills, drinks, fads, you name it. If we lost anything we gained it back as soon as we stopped taking the products or added back in the forbidden foods. Nothing was working.
My self-esteem was at an all time low. When I looked in the mirror, I literally hated what I saw. I hated my body. I hated myself. I was ashamed of who I was and what I looked like. I felt ugly, disgusting, and physically I felt miserable. I had no energy, I was tired all the time and I couldn't go on a simple hike without being exhausted.
We started PiYo and Shakeology and followed the 21 Day Fix meal plan. I had sooooo much more energy! I felt better than I had in years! We saw positive changes in the first week in how we felt and in how we did with the workouts.
I am down 20 lbs. and 30 inches. I have 15 lbs. to go to my goal.
The most important thing I have gained is that I don't hate what I see in the mirror. Taking care of my body the right way, for the right reasons (not to look a certain way, or to please others, but to FEEL good and be able to give my kids my best) has given me a genuine love for myself as a person and my body. My self-esteem is the best it has been in as long as I can remember.
The photo is after one round of PiYo and one round of 21 DF."
Favorite Shakeology Recipe:
Chocolate Shakeology
4 oz.. water
4 oz. unsweetned almond/coconut milk
1 cup ice
1 ripe banana
a few almonds for crunch
Favorite Beachbody workout- PiYo Drench and P90X3 Yoga
Favorite Motivation Quote: "I already know what giving up feels like, I want to see what happens if I don't."

No comments:

Post a Comment