Monday, September 7, 2015

Turkey Chili- Fixate Cookbook

If you've struggled with healthy eating or if you've hit a plateau with your current fitness routine, I highly recommend The 21 Day Fix!  This is a revolutionar, yet surprisingly simple, meal plan and fitness program.  I went into this program not knowing what to expect.  I was reaching the end of my weight loss journey and honestly didn't know what kind of results I would have.  I am so happy to say that I lost a total of 5 pounds and 5 total body inches.  The workouts are 30 minutes and each workout targets something different so you and your muscles don't get bored.
Here is a recipe from the FIXATE cookbook that I love.  I've made this turkey chili twice now and always freeze it in my Fitpacker containers so that I have an easy lunch to grab.  The recipe says it makes 8 servings, but I've only been able to get 6 servings from a batch.  The taste is a little interesting and unlike most traditional chili recipes, but it's grown on me and I really like it now!

Turkey Chili- makes 6 servings (approx. 1 1/2 cups each)
Container counts- 1/2 Green, 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 tsp.

2 tsp.  extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 lb. cooked 93% lean ground turkey breast (or lean grass-fed ground beef)
2 cans kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained (I use a can of each)
1 (15 oz) can organic, diced tomatoes, no salt added
1 cup red wine
1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 tsp crumbed goat cheese

Directions:
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add turkey, beans tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder, salt, and red pepper.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
5. Serve topped with cilantro and cheese.

Want more information on the 21 Day Fix or on making me your FREE coach?  Send me an email at coachmeganputnam@gmail.com.  Lets talk about your health and fitness goals.  Twenty-one days from now, you will be glad you started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment