Monday, September 14, 2015

PB2- Product Review

IMG_4795
Peanut butter is a staple item at our house.  So is dark chocolate.  I instantly fell in love when I saw this new product on the peanut butter shelf at the grocery store.  I was a little skeptical about how it would taste, but for the love of peanut butter and chocolate, I was willing to give it a try.  The fact that this claims to have 85% less fat and calories than traditional peanut butter was also nice motivation.
The label on this powdered peanut butter says the peanuts are roasted then pressed to remove 85% of the oil.  You mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until smooth.
First, this is an extremely fine powder.  I've used it several times and have yet to measure out my 2 tablespoons without leaving a mess all over the counter.
I was very surprised at how creamy the consistency is when mixed.  It's very similar to peanut butter, just without the oil.
I tasted it alone, and it was decent, but did have that "low calorie, low fat" taste.
When mixed in oatmeal or a smoothie, the peanut butter and chocolate flavor was wonderful.  I did miss the creaminess of traditional peanut butter, but I guess that's the trade off when the oils are removed.
The verdict- this is a nice addition to your pantry.  It's not going to ever replace traditional peanut butter for me, but, I think it's great for adding peanut butter flavor to other foods without adding the fat and calories.
Have you tried PB2?  What did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment