Monday, September 21, 2015

Being Healthy vs. Losing Weight



My best friend and I were having a conversation about eating healthy and how there is a general consensus among society that we can continue to hold on to our old habits, in moderation, and still lose weight.  She said something so profound to me, "[There are] two different mind sets: health versus weight loss.  They aren't the same for a lot of people.  They should be but they aren't."  

I had this moment of realization.  For the past 8 years, I had been concerned with only losing weight. Every time I looked in the mirror I would think, well, I need to lose some weight.  Every time I would feel my clothes get tight, well, need to lose some weight.  
What I didn't seem to be concerned about was, what's going on inside my body?  Just because the food I was eating was fitting into a certain calorie bracket didn't mean it was healthy.  

Thankfully, I discovered this amazing company called Beachbody.  There's no quick fixes here, but there is the chance to change your life.  The difference?  You have to change your mindset to focusing on what is healthy instead of just losing weight.  I'm so impressed with this company that I decided to pay it forward and become a coach.  

The weight loss industry if full of promises for a quick fix with minimal effort on your part.  You don't have to look far past your social media feed to see that.  

This is my philosophy- if your weight loss plan follows these guidelines, I believe you will be set up for long term success.

  

Eat less CRAP: 
Carbonated drinks (Yes, even the diet ones)
Refined sugar 
Artificial sweeteners and colors 
Processed foods 



Eat more FOOD: 
Fruits and veggies 
Organic lean proteins 
Omega-3 fatty acids 
Drink water



If you are ready to get healthy, I would love to be your FREE coach.  I'm so happy that I changed my mindset to wanting to be healthy rather than only concerned with what I saw in the mirror.  
Send me an email at coachmeganputnam@gmail.com and lets talk about your health and fitness goals.  

Where do you want to be a month, six months or a year from now?  

Changing your life is possible and I promise, you won't regret it.  



If you have a success story, please share below.  It's so inspiring to hear about others successes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment