Sunday, July 19, 2015

Focus T25


They say that eating is 80% and exercise is 20% part of the fitness equation.  I knew I had the 80% part down, but the exercise part was still not happening.  Keeping up with an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old is hard work.  They never nap at the same time, so there really isn't any "me" time during the day.

I 100% identify with the "I don't have time" to exercise excuse.  

I was doing well with my weight loss by eating healthy, but I started noticing that my muscle tone just wasn't there.  For about 2 years, I've followed a fitness coach on Facebook.  I had talked to her before and never committed to a program for one reason or another.  After realizing that none of the classes at my local gym fit into my schedule, I decided to explore some at home fitness options.
The program we both felt like would work best for me was the Focus T25 challenge pack with Shakeology.

In case you haven't seen the infomercial, Focus T25 is a 25 minute, ten week, high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout program created by Shaun T.  The big seller for me on this program is that it's only 25 minutes and there's no equipment needed.  You commit to 25 min a day, 5 days a week and a 25 min stretch session on Sunday.  It's also recommended that you complete 2 workouts on Friday for maximum results.  A clean eating nutrition guide and a 30 day supply of shakeology are included.  The challenge pack also gives you access to beach body on demand so you can begin streaming your workouts ASAP, which I did!

Now that my first week is complete, I am very happy I chose this program.  After my kids are in bed, I am able to get my 25 min workout in for the day.  Each days workout has a different focus, so I have't completed the same workout twice yet.  Because it's only 25 minutes, everything moves extremely fast. There's no rests between moves and sometimes very little time to set up for the next move.  There is a prompt on the screen that lets you know what's coming next, along with a countdown clock letting you know how much longer you have in the workout.  My favorite thing about the whole series is Shaun T himself.  My goodness he is so motivating and it cracks me up when he talks in the third person.

I'm super excited that I made it through the first week!  I've been sore, but it feels great to know that I've gotten myself back into the fitness game!  After just a few days, I have already seen some changes in my energy level.  One morning, I realized that it was 9 am and I hadn't even thought about making coffee.  That is a huge deal! I am also loving Shakeology.  Hands down, this is the best shake on the market.  There's nothing else out there that is going to give you such a dense dose of nutrition. It can be used as your meal for breakfast, but I've found that I really enjoy it as my afternoon snack, especially since I work out very late in the day.

I can't wait to see and share my results over the next 10 weeks!

Do you feel like you are struggling to make time for workouts?

How do you find ways to make time to for fitness?  Share those tips below.

Want to know more about Focus T25 or Shakeology?  Send me an email or Facebook message.  I would love to help you with your health and fitness goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment