Friday, November 6, 2015

DIY Rice Heating



My upper body has been feeling pretty sore since starting P90X3. 



This Rice Sock Heating Pad I made when I went into labor with my daughter has come in handy to pamper those sore upper body muscles.  

Even though mine is in an old sock, I'm kind of attached to it.  We've been through a lot together. 😉💗🍼

Here's how you can make your own:

1 sock (can be old or a new pretty one...or if you are crafty, feel free to sew your own wrap)

1 pound of dry rice

Essential Oil (I love lavender, but this is totally optional depending on personal preference)

Place dried rice in a bowl (non plastic as that will absorb the scent of the oil for all of time) and mix in desired amount of essential oil 

Place rice mixture in the sock and tie the end tightly in a knot

To Heat: Place in the microwave for 1 min then heat at 30 sec intervals until it reaches your desired temperature 



No comments:

Post a Comment